April 17, 2009

Amanda Aman - Student-Athlete: Great Experience

Being a student athlete is really the only thing that I know because I have been doing this since I started sports in middle school. I really think that being a student athlete, here at Dakota Wesleyan, has prepared me greatly for my future. I feel that I very good time management. We play all year round so having work, classes, workouts, and homework can get overwhelming at times. But because of that feeling I have found ways to balance it (and yes, it does take some work). I'm going to be an elementary education teacher and I feel that I am more than ready to take on those long hours and stress.

Another thing that I think is unique about being a student athlete is that we all have experienced losing, not having things go our way, working so hard but not always getting the outcome we want, how to give and take constructive criticism, what dedication really means, and winning. This is something that a lot of people don't necessarily experience until they enter the workplace.

Overall, I feel it is a great experience and is something I wish more people experienced.


~*Amanda Aman*~

No comments:

Post a Comment